Thursday, September 6, 2007

What's My Body Shape?

All women have different body shapes. Weight is often distributed unequally in the body. Some women carry more weight in their upper torso, while other women are heavier in their hips and thighs. Whatever your shape happens to be, there is clothing that can hide your least favorite features and highlight your best features. This knowledge can be particularly helpful to plus size women, who often resort to wearing clothes that cover up their entire body with tons of fabric.

Women with an hour glass body type have an overall curvy shape with a defined waist. The shoulders, bust and hips are the same width. They have a medium to large bust, and fleshy, average size upper arms. The hour glass body type is also characterized by full, round buttocks and slender lower legs. The goal for women with an hourglass shape is to accentuate the waistline and lower legs, and balance heavier hips and thighs, which are the widest part of the body.

Women with an oval shape body, also called apple shape, have similar sized bust, waist and hips. They have an undefined waist, square hips and a small bust. They also have slim arms and legs, and flat buttocks. The goal for women with an oval shaped body is to minimize the middle and upper torso, where most of the weight is carried, and highlight slender legs.

The triangle, or pear, body type has a smaller upper half and larger lower half. These women have larger hips, thighs and rear, and smaller shoulders and bust. Triangle shaped women also have a defined waist, and fleshy buttocks. The goal for triangle shapes is to balance the upper and lower halves, and accentuate their waist.

The final body type, the inverted triangle, is characterized by a top heavy appearance, with a full bust, waist, and upper back. They are less full in the hips and have a flat rear. The hips, thighs, buttocks and lower legs are smaller in proportion to the top half. The goal for inverted triangles is to balance the upper and lower half and accentuate shapely arms and legs.

Dressing for your body type will help you choose clothing that will look better on you, and make you feel more confident and beautiful.

1 comment:

jenny72 said...

I have always struggled with finding clothes that fit me just right. I don’t know how many times I have gone to the mall only to come home in total frustration, vowing to never shop again. Usually, I try on 50 different things and find something wrong with each one of the items I pick.


For some reason, the clothes always look better on the hanger, only to make me want to scream when I try them on. Completely frustrated after a recent shopping nightmare, I did some research.


I found a website that has really helped. It helped me understand my body type and why certain things look better than others. They used a very creative way to describe my body shape. As it turns out, I am a Sapphire.


If you are like me, and hate shopping because of the frustration involved, check it out. The website is www.holobi.com. I am not sure if I will buy any of the clothes from the site because I like trying things on first, but I did buy the holobi product and love it.



Can’t wait to go shopping!!!